Founded in 1933, the Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI) is the leading authority for the North American foodservice packaging industry. FPI encourages the responsible use of all foodservice packaging through promotion of its benefits and members’ products. Serving as the voice of the industry to educate and influence stakeholders, FPI provides a legal forum to address the challenges and opportunities facing the foodservice packaging industry.
FPI’s core members are foodservice packaging manufacturers and their raw material and machinery suppliers. With over 60 members, FPI includes approximately 85 percent of the entire industry in North America.
FPI also offers a free membership to commercial and non-commercial foodservice operators and distributors, and there are currently over 120 restaurants, convenience stores, contract managers, school districts, colleges and universities taking advantage of this offer.
A complete list of our members may be found here.
FPI provides numerous benefits to its members, such as:
- Promoting the value and benefits of foodservice packaging
- Encouraging the responsible use of foodservice packaging, mitigating any unintended consequences on the environment
- Serving as the voice of the industry to educate and influence stakeholders
- Providing a legal forum for the foodservice packaging value chain to network and collaborate
FPI fields numerous inquiries from media, but also offers story ideas based on a variety of audiences and editorial content guidelines. Click here for different ideas to consider.
Open to the Media
FPI encourages media to learn more about FPI:
- Sign up to receive our press releases. Email our president Natha Dempsey or call at (571) 255-4212.
- Learn about the latest innovations in foodservice packaging by subscribing to our monthly newsletter. Email Jennifer Goldman to receive future editions.
- Media may interview FPI’s president, Natha Dempsey. Email Natha to request an interview.
- Request photos to be used with articles related to foodservice packaging by emailing Natha Dempsey.
- Check out various resources related to foodservice packaging.
- Read our weekly blog found here.
- Looking for a picture of foodservice packaging? Visit FPI’s SmugMug account.
- Connect with us on social media: